Today is his birthday too. Duke was born on August 24, 1890 and is considered the “Father of Surfing”. Duke was rumored to be of royal bloodline because of his name, where in reality he was named after an official visit from The Duke of Edinburgh. Duke was both an accomplished surfer and swimmer and won Olympic gold medals in 1912. He maintained local fame for being a big wave rider and also riding on the largest board made from Koa wood 16 feet long weighing 114lbs.
- #tbt to 2007. Me with one of my paintings in a group show at Western Project in LA. https://t.co/5m1xX1PZzN 2 years ago
- A sneak peak at This Ain't Main St opening tomorrow at @mastersprj in DUMBO. http://t.co/IRjm1GfW72 2 years ago
- No rest for the wicked. Sunday work day. #detail #process #painting http://t.co/qdYaUTHU6J 2 years ago
- Saturday morning color layers. #detail #process #painting http://t.co/8FXnubTyjl 2 years ago
- #studio #detail #inprogress #painting #work #monday http://t.co/sZmATOQVzr 2 years ago